Google+ Badge

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Respected former councilor Carol Pickup weighs in on Shenanigans at Saanich City Hall

As a former Saanich councillor I am disgusted with Saanich police, Saanich !T dept, most of the mainstream media and many of the current Saanich councillors. I was especially disgusted with the role Councillor Judy Brownoff is playing. She is seeking revenge because she was asked to step down from the CRD (and I agree that she should not have been asked to do so) infavour of Fred Haynes. I know all the players in this drama and can assure you that I believe that the former mayor and his supporters are involved. The editorial in the T/C today said it all when they pointed out the inappropriate endorsement of Frank Leonard for mayor by Saanich police and fire depts.. Employee groups should not be trying to influence the outcome of municipal elections in this way. And I totally oppose the installation of the invasive spyware either for the mayor or others in the municipality. All concerned need to get on with serving the residents of Saanich which they were elected to do. Carol Pickup



No comments: